Tottenham Hotspur opened the season with a gradual begin, many know that is how the video games go as a Spurs fan. Then the opening objective by Southampton’s James Ward Prowse related to place the Saints up 1-0.
Oh no, right here we go.
Normally it might be a dire struggle to get one objective and seize a degree to open the season. Not below Antonio Conte. Spurs pulled up their socks and tightened their boots and placed on a efficiency for the house followers and supporters all over the world.
Four targets had been scored with two coming in every half and a few big contributions by the wing-backs. Yes, the beginning XI was the identical because the closing matches of final season that pushed the crew to the Champions League. Some accidents and others not being absolutely slot in Conte’s eyes compelled him to have Ryan Sessegnon and Emerson Royal to run up the flanks.
Sessegnon scored the opening objective and Royal added an help (and our greatest pal’s personal objective) to be the deciding issue within the recreation.
Eric Dier scored for the opposite Spurs objective from a defender, his first in over three years (not together with his preseason rocket).
Here are a number of recreation notes that got here to thoughts whereas watching Spurs path to victory
- Sessegnon is large, in a great way after all. He had nice tempo and Kyle Walker-Peters was bouncing off the 21-year-old. His objective was nice to see and his second one, referred to as offside, was good with the sample trying to be practiced on kickoffs.
- After taking place 1-0, Spurs took over on each ends of the pitch. They pressed extremely with their health ranges displaying off and the protection put in large tackles to cease something for Southampton.
- It is irritating to see Royal take one too many touches contained in the field. He is enjoyable to look at and within the second half, he appeared to note the open areas together with his cross to Dejan Kulusevski for the fourth and closing objective.
- Son Heung-min and Harry Kane had been off and usually which means doom for Spurs. Not anymore.
- Three new faces made their debuts for the membership with Ivan Perisic getting 30 plus minutes and Yves Bissouma and Clement Lenglet getting below 10 minutes. Perisic had probably the most time to create probabilities and boy can he ship crosses with ease. The different two did not have a lot to do with the sport within the bag, despite the fact that Bissouma teed one off within the closing seconds.
- Lucas Moura and Matt Doherty got here in through the quadruple subs and did not present a lot however that is okay.
Game week one is finished and Tottenham Hotspur is a drive below Conte