The fortieth Golden Joysticks Awards befell yesterday, and whereas Elden Ring ended up being topped the ‘final’ sport of the 12 months for 2022, there was some Nintendo Switch illustration.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom was awarded “most wished sport” – beating out titles like Spider-Man 2, Street Fighter 6, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and the anticipated Bethesda title, Starfield.
On the Nintendo entrance, Pokémon Legends: Arceus gained the Nintendo sport of the 12 months. It was up towards Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Live A Live, Splatoon 3 and Nintendo Switch Sports.
Some of the Switch nominees within the ‘final’ GOTY class (gained by Elden Ring) included Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Bayonetta 3. Here’s the total listing of winners from every class (and you’ll see the listing of nominees in every class on GamesRadar+):
- Best Storytelling – Horizon Forbidden West
- Still Playing Award – Genshin Impact
- Best Visual Design – Elden Ring
- Studio of the Year – FromSoftware
- Best Game Expansion – Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- Best Early Access Launch – Slime Rancher 2
- Best Indie Game – Cult of the Lamb
- Best Multiplayer Game – Elden Ring
- Best Audio – Metal: Hellsinger
- Best Game Trailer – Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
- Best Game Community – Final Fantasy 14
- Best Gaming Hardware – Steam Deck
- Breakthrough Award – Vampire Survivors
- Critics’ Choice Award – Elden Ring
- Best Performer – Manon Gage (Marissa Marcel, Immortality)
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Pokemon Legends Arceus
- PC Game of the Year – Return to Monkey Island
- PlayStation Game of the Year – Stray
- Xbox Game of the Year – Grounded
- Most Wanted Game – Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Elden Ring
When Pokémon Legends: Arceus arrived on the Nintendo Switch earlier this 12 months in January, we praised the title as one of many biggest Pokémon video games ever made.