Mortician mom reveals the toys she will never allow her kids to have: ‘Call me the Grinch’

A “scarred” funeral director is speaking about the toys she’ll never allow her kids to play with, and now her eye-opening TikTok goes viral.

Mortician and mom @lovee.miss.lauren gained over 5.7 million views, 722,000 likes and 10,000 feedback when she uploaded the well timed PSA to her account.

Now, very like the TikTok that went viral for revealing what can occur while you sleep along with your bed room door closed, Lauren’s video is sending shivers down dad and mom’ spines round the world.

“I virtually grew up in a funeral dwelling, and like many funeral administrators will say, kids’s deaths are the hardest ones we ever have to work with,” defined Lauren.

“When you change into a father or mother, you end up being extra-protective of your kids, as a result of you realize what can occur in the blink of a watch.”

In her TikTok — and a rapidly rising follow-up video — Lauren lists the following toys as being off limits inside her dwelling:

  • Water beads

  • Anything with a string

  • Teething necklaces

  • Balloons

  • Jump ropes

  • Button batteries

  • Trampolines

  • Toys with magnets

  • Fidget spinners

  • Hammocks

The American Academy of Pediatrics backs Lauren’s warnings. According to its web site, water-absorbing gel beads can develop up to 200 occasions their measurement after they encounter water, leading to harmful obstructions that will not be detected by X-rays in the event that they’re swallowed or put in ears.

Toys with unfastened string, rope, ribbons or twine — particularly when the strings measure over 12 inches, as with pull toys or leap ropes — can pose harmful strangulation hazards to kids.

Teething necklaces, which may trigger choking or strangulation, ought to never be worn by little ones. Instead, dad and mom ought to therapeutic massage their kids’s gums or give them arduous rubber teething rings that aren’t frozen.

Button batteries — present in such gadgets as musical playing cards, toys, distant controls, thermometers, listening to aids, calculators, lavatory scales, key fobs, cameras and vacation ornaments — may cause critical accidents or loss of life if swallowed.

Trampoline use has lengthy been discouraged by the AAP, as critical accidents might be incurred even when padding and enclosures are in place.

Magnets, if ingested, can lure tissue between them, leading to probably deadly accidents.

Fidget spinners, whether or not plastic or metallic, usually include small items and/or batteries that may be a choking hazard.

Hammocks, whether or not supposed for babies or for toys, can change into twisted round little ones’ necks, leading to strangulation.

Lauren is not the solely TikToker pleading with dad and mom to take away harmful toys from their houses. Reese’s Purpose took to the web in 2020 to warn dad and mom about deadly button batteries, and That Water Bead Lady has been working arduous since 2017 to educate households about the risks of water beads.

‘I am unable to think about what you’ve got seen’

Thousands of TikTokers responded to Lauren’s PSAs and shared their very own scary experiences.

“I’m an ER nurse and I’ve the saddest button battery story. People want to hold these away from kids and pets! So unhappy,” one person wrote.

“Answering 911 calls all day has made me the identical! So many issues can damage little ones!” mentioned one other.

“As a former hospital chaplain… YUP,” a person agreed.

“I can see how all of those are legitimate. I am unable to think about what you’ve got seen 🥺,” one person empathized.

“This video can save so many lives. thanks for bringing consciousness to these for our infants❤️‍🩹,” wrote one other person.

Parents questioning if their kids’s toys are secure, or wanting to analysis potential Christmas items this vacation season, can refer to the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site or HealthyChildren.org.

In The Know is now out there on Apple News — observe us right here!

The publish Mortician mom reveals the toys she will never allow her kids to have: ‘Call me the Grinch’ appeared first on In The Know.

More from In The Know:

Shocking TikTok reveals what can occur while you sleep along with your bed room door closed: ‘New worry unlocked’

Mom begs dad and mom to verify home for probably deadly button batteries: ‘Let’s save our infants’

The 10 finest steals and offers from The North Face’s Black Friday sale

Kendra Scott’s Black Friday sale marks 30% off necklaces, rings, earrings and extra

Leave a Comment