We’re beginning to get a greater sense of what the 2022 NFL season will appear to be for a lot of groups. As we get into the Week 3 rankings and sleepers, it is also time to begin capitalizing on overreacting managers. The buys and sells are again, and one more random enjoyable ranks listing. This time, impressed by your requests after I tweeted about my scrumptious cake from final week.
Waivers | True SOS (APA — Wednesday replace)
Fantasy Football 101 (begins, sits, buying and selling, more)
Podcast — with video!
2022 Week 3 Fantasy Football Sleepers
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These are sleepers. They is not going to mimic my rankings 100%. This is about chasing upside and usually carries more danger, however primarily based on APA matchupsyou may “go for broke” if wanted.
POSSIBLE START: Carson Wentz, WSH — As talked about in my Week 3 waivers column, Wentz is not going to throw 40+ instances every week, however the Commanders protection — and Wentz’s interceptions — assist push the offense to throw more. It helps that defenses cannot win, attempting to cease Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson and/or Curtis Samuel. Death by a thousand cuts… effectively, three, or 4 for those who add the backfield, and even 5 with a wholesome Logan Thomas.
The Commanders additionally host the Eagles’ unstoppable offense, pointing to a shootout… which, in fact, means a 10-7 slog-fest is in retailer.
HAIL MARY START: Jared Goff, DET — The danger with Goff is zero dashing upside, and if he solely throws 1-2 touchdowns, there usually will not be 300-400 yards to offset that. While Aaron Rodgers did not do a lot in opposition to the Vikings in Week 1, he did not have a lot to throw to, and he is beforehand struggled early within the season. Jalen Hurts tore them aside — on the bottom too — finishing 26 of his 31 makes an attempt for 333 yards and a landing. Goff has the upside to throw three touchdowns this week.
POSSIBLE START: Devin Singletary, BUF — The Bills backfield continues to be irritating with its lack of consistency, however at the least Singletary is persistently first within the alternatives. While the Ravens working backs did not do a lot in opposition to Miami, Lamar Jackson ate up the Dolphins, even posting 5.0 YPC on his eight rushes outdoors of the 79-yard home name. Additionally, Damien Harris had 48 yards on 9 carries in Week 1, regardless that Rhamondre Stevenson did not have the identical success. This is dangerous, but when the Dolphins offense can sustain, Singletary might be an RB2.
POSSIBLE START: Dameon Pierce, HOU — We knew the slipper would fall off for Rex Burkhead, simply nobody anticipated it to occur in a single week. Pierce led the way in which, and the Bears offense cannot get out of its personal approach (more on them shortly). Aaron Jones simply shredded the Bears for 132 yards and a landing on 15 carries.
HAIL MARY START: Jamaal Williams, DET — We’re chasing a landing with Williams, as being the backup to D’Andre Swift limits Williams’ touches, seeing 12 and 13, respectively, within the first two weeks. The matchup is sort of favorable, because the Vikings could not cease the Eagles floor recreation, going 34-for-163 and two scores (each Hurts). Boston Scott regarded like he was shot out of a cannon whereas going straight up the center for a 16-yard run at one level, and we’re taking pictures for a few first rate runs for Williams, hopefully, with one ending in a rating.
POSSIBLE START: Allen Robinson, LAR — Robinson rebounded, however it wasn’t a week-changer, only a good recreation (5-4-53-1). Honestly, a Top 25 efficiency from a workforce’s No. 2 receivers can be a welcome website if it occurred each week. Well, the Cardinals have allowed 42.1% of their opponents’ drives to complete with a landing, together with 9 receptions of 20+ yards and seven receiving touchdowns. Cooper Kupp and ARob ought to have an enormous Week 3.
POSSIBLE START: JuJu Smith-Schuster, KC — Brandin Cooks 7-82-0, Christian Kirk 6-78-2. Those had been the highest wideouts in opposition to the Colts the primary two weeks, and whereas Travis Kelce is technically the highest receiving possibility for the Chiefs, JJSS is tied for second with Marquez Valdes-Scantling with a 15.1 TmTGT%. He additionally has a 1.46 YPRR versus MVS’ 0.89.
HAIL MARY START: Darnell Mooney, CHI — Here we go. Mooney has fallen into Hail Mary beginning territory, and when your workforce solely makes an attempt 11 passes, you perceive why. However, even with the Colts and Broncos having middling performances in opposition to the Texans, these Texans have already allowed 10 receptions of 20+ yards — most within the league. The Bears additionally confronted the 49ers and Packers, two defenses a lot better than the Texans. Of course, Justin Fields might want to throw it more than 11 instances. Hopefully, he would not mess this up for determined managers.
POSSIBLE START: Evan Engram, JAX — Don’t look now, however Engram is eighth in Route% for tight ends with 17.6 TmTGT%. Sure, it is become simply 74 yards, however he is caught all however one in every of his targets (his palms work!). The Chargers are a tricky matchup, however the tight finish place is already gross, and we’re chasing the amount… hopefully.
HAIL MARY START: Tyler Conklin, NYJ — Speaking of quantity, Conklin has the next Route% than Engram at 84.4. Even with the terrific trio of receivers for the Jets, Conklin has seen 16 targets (16.0 TmTGT%) for 10-56-1. If the Bengals get again on monitor and flip this right into a high-scoring affair, the Jets have proven they will sustain, and Conklin has the potential to attain.
Fun with Rankings!
In case you missed the tweet of the superb cake I introduced house and made (no, wasn’t a from-scratch recipe), right here it’s in its glory!
Glad I made a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake to eat away my disappointment at the moment pic.twitter.com/4yKFToyAVD
— Jake Ciely (@allinkid) September 18, 2022
I used to be stunned individuals wished field cake rankings… possibly they had been mocking me, but when so, hey, I had enjoyable anyway. Although, it is a bit tough to get 10 truffles on this listing.
- Betty Crocker Cinnamon Toast Crunch, CTC Frosting — The cake and frosting have cinnamony crunch items, and you understand I really like some Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Betty Crocker Butter Yellow, Chocolate Frosting — It’s the traditional, however higher, as a result of… butter
- Duncan Hines Fudge Marble, Chocolate Frosting — If you desire a bit more chocolate than yellow cake however not an overload, that is the proper combine
- Pillsbury Funfetti Oreo, Funfetti Oreo Frosting — Underrated. Well, Oreos are superb, so possibly individuals know the way good this cake could be
- Duncan Hines Chocolate, Chocolate Frosting — It’s lots of chocolate, however it’s actually good, and Duncan Hines does chocolate greatest (their fudge brownies are tops too)
- Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb — Technically not a “true cake” however crumb cake (generally espresso cake) is one in every of my favorites, and that is superb
- Duncan Hines Red Velvet, Cream Cheese Frosting — Red Velvet shouldn’t be a taste! It’s a cocoa taste with pink dye. Now that now we have that out of the way in which, it is nonetheless fairly scrumptious with the cream cheese frosting making for an ideal pairing
- Pillsbury Funfetti, Vanilla Funfetti Frosting — “Birthday cake” taste is what some name it too. Light and fun-fetti
- Duncan Hines Epic Fruity Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles Frosting — The Pebbles have a bizarre texture in comparison with consuming the cereal, which makes this more disappointing than scrumptious (I imply, it is cake, so it is nonetheless good)
- Carrot Cake — Nope. Worst place! Vegetable cake? Bleh. Stop.
BUYS AND SELLS
- Tom Brady, QB, TB — Brady’s receiving corps has been a multitude to date. It may take just a few more weeks (as soon as Chris Godwin is again), however Brady was QB2 final 12 months.
- Derrick Henry, RB, TEN — Week 1 was fluky with Dontrell Hilliard’s receiving touchdowns, and Week 2 had the Titans pulling starters early in a blowout. Henry remains to be a beast, and you need to purchase low earlier than the 150/1 recreation occurs.
- Ken Walker, RB, SEA — I do not need something to do with beginning Seahawks working backs, however Walker suits the Chris Carson position more than Rashaad Penny does, who’s shedding some worth due to Travis Homer. Walker might by no means be startable, however he is borderline free (individuals need to drop him).
- Cam Akers, RB, LAR — The flip again to Akers began in Week 2. We may by no means get to 70% of the work for Akers, however even when Akers sits round 60-65%, he’d be again into the weekly Top 20.
- Elijah Moore, WR, NYJ — Leads the Jets receivers in snaps and route%. Moore’s time is coming, even when Garrett Wilson is his 1A or 1B, Moore can be the opposite half, as each are higher than Corey Davis.
- DK Metcalf, WR, SEA — I do not need to hear more about “quarterbacks cooking” in Seattle. In any case, the Seahawks understand the offense stinks, and it is actually a two-man present with Tyler Lockett (26.3 TmTGT%) and Metcalf (22.8), with Metcalf having the one pink zone and finish zone targets to date (one every) .
- Kyle Pitts, TE, ATL — As with the Seahawks, it is a two-man present, and Drake London’s fast ascension will assist steadiness the protection and open issues up for higher days. People drafted Pitts as a Top 4 tight finish for good cause.
- Antonio Gibson, RB, WSH — Gibson might preserve his lead position if he retains the belief up, particularly since he is second in G2G (Goal-to-Go, inside 10) rushes (4) and tied for many GLR (Goal-line Rush, inside 5), additionally with 4. But, the approaching return of Brian Robinson looms massive.
- Michael Carter, RB, NYJ — The flip to Breece Hall might be coming quickly, because the rookie flashed loads of upside in Week 2. Carter has the passing recreation totally on lock, but when Hall begins to eat into that work, Carter would slip to an RB3.
- Jahan Dotson, WR, WSH — Dotson leads in Commanders Route% (94.9) and touchdowns (three), however he’s fourth in TmTGT% at 11.8, behind even Logan Thomas, which makes him probably the most risky and probably for regression.
- Gerald Everett, TE, LAC — Everett has been an ideal fill-in for the primary two weeks, and it is uncommon anybody trades for tight ends, however Donald Parham — as soon as again — will ding Everett’s use and worth.
Week 3 Fantasy Football Projections
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These can differ from my rankings, and my ranks are the order I’d begin gamers outdoors of added context, similar to, “Need highest upside, even when dangerous.” Also, primarily based on 4-point TDs for QB, 6-point relaxation, and Half-PPR
Download Link Added Thursday
***These are NOT up to date Sunday morning, FYI***
Week 3 Fantasy Football Rankings
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨
- Only Half-PPR since FantasyProfessionals auto-calculation of Non and Full-PPR ranks could be off. But, there’s so little distinction from Non to Half and Full to Half that you just need not fear.
- ECR = Expert Consensus Rank. Don’t concentrate on it an excessive amount of, as not all specialists replace persistently/always.
- Updated commonly, so test all the way in which as much as locking lineups.
(Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)