Twelve groups reached the midway level of the Premier League season over the weekend, whereas Fulham turned the first to achieve 20 video games.
For players at these 13 golf equipment, the disciplinary slate has been cleaned for now.
But there are nonetheless seven groups but to have performed 19 matches this time period, leaving a handful of players treading a tightrope forward of their fixtures over the subsequent few days — together with some hoping to be concerned in Arsenal’s conflict with Manchester United on Sunday.
right here The Athletic explains the rules round suspension in the Premier League and appears at the players who might nonetheless be punished for his or her ill-discipline.
How many yellow playing cards result in a ban in the Premier League?
Premier League players are allowed some leeway concerning yellow playing cards, however repeat offenders run the risk of suspension.
Any participant who’s proven 5 yellow playing cards in the first 19 league video games of the season will serve a one-match ban in the league. It is essential to level out that yellow playing cards not carry throughout into both of the home competitions, though crimson playing cards nonetheless do.
Reaching the 19-game mark gives relative respite, however cautions from the first half of the season aren’t fully cleared.
Those who accumulate 10 Premier League yellow playing cards previous to, and together with, the thirty second recreation of the season should serve an extra two-game suspension.
Which players are operating the risk of suspension?
The seven groups who will play their nineteenth recreation of the season this week are: Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Brighton, Liverpool, Crystal Palace and Leeds.
The fixtures price keeping track of are:
Manchester United’s Brazilian midfielders should hold themselves in examine at Selhurst Park on Wednesday. Both Casemiro and Fred have been proven 4 bookings this season so one other warning in midweek would imply that they’re suspended for the journey to Arsenal on Sunday.
Jeffrey Schlupp and Joel Ward will even should be careful on Wednesday as the Palace pair are additionally treading the tightrope.
Manchester City’s nineteenth recreation sees them host Tottenham on Thursday night however with Erling Haaland and Joao Cancelo main the manner on solely three bookings, there aren’t any suspension worries for Pep Guardiola.
The similar could be stated of the Liverpool players in motion at Stamford Bridge in Saturday’s early kick-off, with Trent Alexander-Arnold’s three bookings maintaining him in the clear.
Alexis McAllister should be aware throughout Brighton’s go to to the King Power Stadium at the weekend. The World Cup winner goes into that match with 4 yellow playing cards to his title – one other one would see him suspended for the subsequent go to of Bournemouth.
Jesse Marsch, whose crew turned the first in Premier League historical past to be proven 100 yellow playing cards in a season final time period, should remind a couple of of his players to take care of their self-discipline. Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen and Marc Roca are all one other warning away from suspension heading into the go to of Brentford.
Last, however actually not least: Mikel Arteta’s title-chasing Arsenal.
Gabriel Jesus picked up his 4 yellow playing cards in fast time however his damage will imply he avoids any risk of a ban. However, Gabriel, Bukayo Saka and William Saliba will all should be on their greatest habits in opposition to Manchester United.
A reserving for any of these three would see them miss the journey to Everton on Saturday, February 4.
Players at risk of suspension this week
- Manchester United — Casemiro & Fred
- Crystal Palace — Jeffrey Schlupp & Joel Ward
- Manchester City — none
- Liverpool — none
- Brighton —Alexis McAllister
- Leeds — Robin Koch, Rasmus Kristensen, Marc Roca
- Arsenal — Gabriel, Bukayo Saka, William Saliba
Which players have picked up the most bookings in the Premier League this season?
Several players have already been pressured to serve suspensions for his or her repeated offenses, which leaves them at risk of additional bans.
The all-important thirty second set of fixtures is at present set to be performed on the weekend of April 22. Once that match spherical is full, there aren’t any extra suspension dangers related to selecting up particular person yellow playing cards.
Here is the record of players who’ve picked up the most bookings this season.
7 — Ruben Neves.
6 — Joelinton, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Cheick Doucoure, Anthony Gordon, Marc Guehi, Joao Palhinha, Kenny Tete, Ivan Toney.
5 — Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Bruno Fernandes, Moises Caicedo, Diogo Dalot, Andreas Pereira, James Maddison, Scott McTominay, Chris Mepham, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Amadou Onana, Harrison Reed, Antonee Robinson, Adam Smith.
Other than Andreas Pereira, who was proven his fifth yellow card after Fulham had already performed 19 video games, every of the above players have needed to serve one-game suspensions this season.
Which groups have gathered the most playing cards in the Premier League this season?
Fulham have been the worst offenders concerning self-discipline this season.
Marco Silva’s players have been proven 49 yellow playing cards and one crimson card, a report that appears set to problem the mark set by Leeds final season (101 yellows and three reds).
At the different finish of the spectrum, Manchester City have picked up the least bookings. Their tally of 17 yellows is one lower than Liverpool — each groups have been proven one crimson card every.
Here is how the Premier League disciplinary desk appears, so as of most yellows:
- Fulham — 49 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Manchester United — 46 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Aston Villa — 43 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Nottingham Forest — 42 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Crystal Palace — 41 yellow playing cards, two crimson playing cards
- Everton — 41 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Chelsea — 39 yellow playing cards, three crimson playing cards
- Wolves — 39 yellow playing cards, three crimson playing cards
- Leeds — 38 yellow playing cards, two crimson playing cards
- Tottenham — 37 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Newcastle — 34 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Bournemouth — 32 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Arsenal — 32 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Southampton — 31 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Brentford — 26 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Brighton — 26 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- West Ham — 25 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Leicester — 24 yellow playing cards, no crimson playing cards
- Liverpool — 18 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
- Manchester City — 17 yellow playing cards, one crimson card
(Top photograph: Jacques Feeney/Offside/Offside through Getty Images)