Hockey players are a few of the most proficient athletes in the world. They mix elite ice skating capability, adept hand-eye coordination, tremendous energy, and memorable stamina to succeed at their sport.
But, not often do we all know what they excel at off the ice. The Capitals helped fill in a few of these gaps by asking a handful of players what their hidden abilities are.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) January 24, 2023
Backup goaltender Charlie Lindgren kicked issues off by revealing that he performs somewhat guitar. That means he follows in the footsteps of Braden Holtby not solely as a Capitals netminder but additionally one that’s musically inclined.
Lindgren posted a sequence of movies in 2016 of him singing and enjoying the guitar with Colorado Avalanche 2013 draft choice Ben Storm as the ‘Michisota Boys’.
Tom Wilson revealed that he can communicate somewhat French. Since French is certainly one of Canada’s two official languages, it’s taught in Ontario’s publicly funded English-language colleges from Grades 4 to eight.
Wilson was born and raised in Toronto.
Forgot to share this little story involving Tom Wilson at Game 6 in Toronto. @russianmachine pic.twitter.com/4OHYuuXmH7
— Steve “Dangle” Glynn (@Steve_Dangle) April 27, 2017
The video finally ends with the Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin. Ovi states that his “hidden” expertise is that he is a hockey participant.
This is the similar Alex Ovechkin that boasts a trophy cupboard that features a Stanley Cup, Calder Memorial Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, 9 Maurice “Rocket” Richard trophies, three Lester B. Pearson/Ted Lindsay awards, and a Conn Smythe Trophy amongst others accomplishments.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) June 21, 2018
The secret is perhaps out on that one, Ovi.
Here’s a listing of the different hidden abilities the boys revealed.
- Nic Dowd all the time loses at rock, paper, scissors. We gotta discover Nic a brand new one right here.
- Trevor van Riemsdyk has elite sock-throwing capability from throughout rooms into hampers. More like Steph Curry with the sock.
- Anthony Mantha is nice at video video games. Someone get this man a replica of Elden Ring.
- Conor Sheary can juggle. Are we speaking like full-on circus clown juggling?
- Darcy Kuemper and Yevgeny Kuznetsov each declare to be cooks in the kitchen. The Caps must put that to the check on video ASAP.
Headline picture: Cara Bahniuk/RMNB